Side by Side Refrigerator: Can I change the external water filter on my refrigerator myself?
Yes, you can change the external water filter yourself. Turn off the water and unscrew the two nuts securing
the hoses. Replace the filter then refit the hoses, ensuring the water flows in the correct direction. Finally
turn the water back on again and check for leaks.
For more information check the installation guide that came with your refrigerator.
Smart Phone: How to insert emoticons (smileys) in text messages on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone (S4, Note, Note II and Mega)
1.From the Home screen touch App Icon.
2.Touch Messaging (you may need to swipe left or right to locate it first).
3.Touch within the text field.
4.Touch the Galaxy Menu Key.
5.Select Insert smiley.
6.From the 'Emoticons' window menu, select a required emoticon.
Smart Phone: How to clear the call log on your Samsung Android smartphone
1.From the Home screen touch Phone.
3.Touch the Menu key.
5.Select the required call logs for deletion and then touch Delete.
6.When finished touch OK.
Smart Phone: How can I optimize and extend the battery life on my Samsung smartphone?
The Smartphone's battery life depends very much on how the device is used.
If you are experiencing problems with battery life, then please refer to the list of suggestions below to resolve your handset's battery issues.
• Display settings: Long screen time-out setting or high display brightness will increase battery drain.
Try setting your screen timeout to 30 seconds and display brightness to Auto.
• Third party apps: Apps that automatically sync data in the background will drain battery - e.g. social networking, instant messaging, news readers, weather widgets, etc.
The battery life can be extended by individually setting apps to sync less
frequently or by disabling background data and auto-sync.
• Multimedia usage: Please be aware that any apps or content usage that
keeps the device awake over an extended period will quickly drain the
battery, e.g. reading books, playing games, watching movies, etc.
• Signal bars: Check the number of bars that you normally see on your
handset while at home or work. Using the handset in areas with very low
signal uses a lot of power and therefore should be avoided if possible.
• Latest available firmware: Software can be checked in Settings > About phone.
Upgrade your software using either FOTA ('Firmware Over The Air', i.e.
wirelessly) or via Samsung Kies.
• No power up: If a device fails to power-up, the first thing to do is check
carefully for damage to the power key or battery contacts.
After checking, connect the phone to a working charger and leave it for a few
minutes to see if it shows any sign of life.
If the phone does not power up, then you may have a dead battery or a faulty
• Drop down Menu: Using this to toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS on or off.
Switching these applications off when not required, helps to avoid
unnecessary power consumption.
Handy Tip to conserve battery power:
Follow the steps below to adjust the power usage on your handset.
1. From main ('home' or 'idle') screen, select Applications.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Power saving.
4. Select custom power saving mode.
Smart Phone: How do I start my Samsung smartphone or tablet in Safe Mode?
You can boot up your device in Safe Mode if you wish to troubleshoot whether
or not added applications are causing problems with the device. Safe mode
will load only basic system software.
1.Make sure your device is turned off.
2.Press and hold the Power key to boot up your device.
3.After the start-up animation begins to display, press and hold the
Volume down key.
When the lock screen is displayed Safe mode is displayed in the lower-left
corner of the screen. To boot your device in normal mode again restart your
Smart Phone: Why can't I upgrade my Samsung mobile device after connecting to Kies?
To get make sure you can update your device's firmware easily after
connecting to Kies we recommend taking the following steps to troubleshoot
and hopefully solve the problem(s).
2.Click Help and then click Check for updates.
If you still aren't able to update your device's firmware through Kies after
doing this, proceed to the next section.
1.Disconnect your device from the computer (if it's connected). Close
Kies (if it's open) and uninstall Kies.
2.If the installation file is still on your computer locate it and double-click
it to reinstall Kies. Otherwise, click here to re-download and reinstall
3.Open Kies and connect your device to the computer. Wait for Kies to
recognise your device and then re-attempt to update the device's
4.If you still aren't able to update your device's firmware through Kies
after doing this, proceed to the next section.
Run the troubleshoot connection error function
This function is only available in Kies for Windows. If you're using a Mac you
will need to open Kies (if it isn't already open), click Tools and then click
Install driver to install the necessary driver(s) for your Samsung device.
1.Open Kies (if it isn't already open).
2.Click Tools and then click Troubleshoot connection error.
4.When the troubleshooter attempts to reinstall the driver click Yes on
any installation warning messages.
5.After the troubleshooter is finished click Complete and reconnect your
6.If none of the above has worked please click here for details on how
you can contact customer support for further assistance.
LED: How can I set up Network Connection on Samsung TV?
To setup the network we have 2 methods, via LAN or via Wireless which both
can be also setup as Manual and Auto.
1.Press MENU button on the remote control.
3.Select Network Settings
5.Select your WiFi Network
a.Enter your NETWORK Password
b.Check network Status (2 Green Check marks mean the connection is established)
If Auto setup was not successful, you can proceed to Manual setup:
1.Select IP Settings
2.IP Settings: Enter Manually
3.Enter the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS server (you can
acquire the same from your ISP)
LED: How to use DLNA?
DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) is a function which uses network to
share data(s) between devices. A user may read data(s) from other devices
(computer system in general) through TV and operate(limited function is
available for back up/support files).
How to use?
1.Press the POWER button to turn the TV on.
2.Connect a USB device containing photo, music and/or movie files to
the USB1(HDD) or USB2 jack on the side of the TV.
3.When the Application selection screen is displayed, press the ENTERE
button to select Media Play (USB & DLNA).
For the further information of Media Play,
• MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is not supported.
• The file system supports FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS.
• Certain types of USB Digital camera and audio devices may not be
compatible with this TV.
• Media Play only supports USB Mass Storage Class devices (MSC). MSC is a
Mass Storage Class Bulk-Only Transport device. Examples of MSC are Thumb
drives, Flash Card Readers and USB HDD (USB HUB is not supported).
• Please connect directly to the USB port of your TV. If you are using a
separate cable connection, there may be a USB compatibility problem.
• Before connecting your device to the TV, please back up your files to
prevent them from damage or loss of data. SAMSUNG is not responsible for
any data file damage or data loss.
• Connect a USB HDD to the dedicated USB1(HDD) port. Warning: Do not
exceed 1.5 amperes.
• Do not disconnect the USB device while it is loading.
• MSC supports MP3, JPEG and movie files, while a PTP device supports JPEG
• The higher the resolution of the image, the longer it takes to display on the
• The maximum supported JPEG resolution is 15360X8640 pixels.
• For unsupported or corrupted files, the ‘Not Supported File Format’ message
• If sort key is set to Basic View, up to 1000 files can be displayed in each
folder. The other sort key can display up to 10000 files.
• MP3 files with DRM that have been downloaded from a non-free site cannot
be played. Digital Rights Management (DRM) is a technology that supports
the creation of content, the distribution and management of the content in an
integrated and comprehensive way, including the protection of the rights and
interests of the content providers, the prevention of the illegal copying of
contents, as well as managing billings and settlements.
• When transferring photo, loading may take a few seconds. At this point, the
loading icon will appear at the screen.
• If more than 2 PTP devices are connected, you may only use one at a time.
• If more than one MSC device is connected, some of them may not be
recognized. If a device requires high power (more than 500mA or 5V), the
USB device may not be supported.
• If an over-power (Fail add new device USB1/USB2 Power Overload) warning
message is displayed while you are connecting or using a USB device, the
device may not be recognized or may malfunction.
LED: How to run a Monitor Self-Test?
Follow the Guide Below:
1.Power off both your computer and the monitor.
2.Disconnect the signal cable from the back of the computer.
3.Power on the monitor.
Depending on your monitor, while in the Self-Test mode, the monitor's LED
power indicator remains on and the Check Signal Cable figure moves around
on the screen.
If your monitor alternate between 2 boxes Analog and Digital that is normal,
as some monitors supports both Digital and analog signal.
a) If you see any of the above check cable signals, that mean the problem
is not related to your monitor, please check your graphics card.
b) If you see the first figure with one of the colors missing, that means
your monitor requires service.
c) If you are unable to see any of the figures. But the light of the monitor
is on, it means your monitor requires service.
Smart Phone: How to exchange data, images, pictures and ringtones between PC and your Samsung Android phone?
To migrate data and other media between a pc system and a Samsung
handset, mobile phone software (e.g. Samsung Kies or PC Studio), needs to
be downloaded to a PC system, initially.
This software can be obtained from:
A USB (Universal Serial Bus) cable will be required, in order to connect the
handset to the pc.
As an alternative:
a) The pc system may be able to read the handset's memory card
(MicroSD - Secure Digital), for data transfer.
b) Some handsets have Bluetooth® and WiFi Direct® connectivity that
can be utilized in some cases to exchange data with compatible
c) Pictures and other media can in many cases, be sent by MMS (Multi
Media Messaging) to an e-mail address (network terms and conditions
will apply). You may use ChatOn or other Filesharing 3rd party apps
such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Google+,
How to Create a Samsung Account?
You can set up a Samsung account either while setting up your phone or online on your computer.
• If you decide to do it on your computer, open the browser and go to https://account.samsung.com. This page lists many beneficial features once you sign up your account.
• Click on Sign Up at the top of the page. Read the Terms & Conditions, tick the check box and “Agree”. If you don't agree to the Terms & Conditions, you cannot continue the procedure.
• Complete the sign up form by entering your email address, choosing a password and completing some profile information.
• You will then need to verify your email address by looking for the verification email from Samsung. Click the link in the email and then click Confirm on the web page that opens.
Which Tablets Support GSM?
The Galaxy Tab 3 7” 3G-8GB is the only available Tab at the moment that supports GSM, while all of the other tabs work on WIFI. Equipped with a 1.2 GHZ Dual Core Processor, this Tablet will let you enjoy the convenience of two cameras (3MP/1.3MP) for video chatting and for taking shots on one hand and voice calling on the other.
Which Samsung mobiles are compatible with the Galaxy Gear?
The Galaxy Gear is compatible with all Samsung mobiles that have the Jelly Bean 4.3 or the Kitkat 4.4.2 installed on (Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Grand 2, and Galaxy S5)
If you own any of the Samsung mobiles mentioned above, make sure you have installed the 4.3 or 4.4.2 before connecting it to your Gear.