In order for you to buy items on Samsungctc.com, you will have to register on the Site by creating a user account which requires you to submit certain personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information may include, but are not limited to, your name, shipping address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, and other similar identifiable information. Additionally, in order for us to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with a valid proof of identification in the form of a copy of your passport, resident’s visa or permit, national ID, driver’s license, or others.
We will also ask you to fill your credit card and/or bank account details in the “My Account” section of the Site, which we would require for billing purposes and to fulfill your orders. After you complete your registration on the Site, you should not post any personal or financial information anywhere on the Site other than on the My Account section of the Site. Restricting the posting of personal information to the My Account section of the Site protects you from fraud or identity theft.
We will collect transactional information based on your buying activities using the Site. The transactional information we collect is used solely in relation to the transactions you undertake on the Site and for no other reasons.
We may use your Internet protocol (or IP) address to analyze user trends and improve the administration of the Site. We may also collect information on the way you use your device to browse the Site, such as the browser type you use to access the Site, your navigation on the Site, your time spent on the Site, and other similar information.
In addition to the information listed above, we may collect other information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
We may also collect feedback ratings and other comments relating to your use of the Site.
When we aggregate personal information for statistical purposes, such aggregated personal information shall be anonymous.
Processing the Information Collected
- To offer you our services and customer support
- To evaluate and improve our services to you
- To prevent illegal activities
- To collect fees
- To identify and solve troubleshoot problems
- To offer you promotional emails
- To verify the information you provide us with third parties. For example, we may share some of the personal information you give us with banks or credit card authorization, processing and verification services or with third parties for fraud screening purposes.
However, all comments that you publically post about the Site may be used by us for marketing purposes. Therefore, by posting comments, you expressly agree to our using such comments for marketing purposes.
Additionally, information relating to items you are buying may be displayed on the Site. This information can include details of your user ID, feedback ratings, and comments relating to your use of the Site. Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information to a third party with your express permission.
Samsungctc.com is committed to preserve and protect your privacy. However, we are legally bound to disclose your personal information in the following cases:
- If we receive a court order or similar legal procedure requiring us to share your Personal Data to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or third parties
- When we are required to disclose your Personal Data to comply with the law
- When we are cooperating with an ongoing law enforcement investigation
- When we have a good faith belief that our disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss
- To report suspected illegal activity
- To investigate a possible violation of our Terms and Conditions